It’s been a while since I posted a style roundup of sorts. But I’m back today. I’ve mentioned before that because I am working from home now, my fashion budget is going a bit more toward my loungewear and activewear. I had a bit of a collection of outfits I would wear to the gym, but they don’t all translate to working out at my Pure Barre classes. So, I’ve been beefing up that part of my wardrobe with a few new items. Today, I’m rounding up a collection of items to give you a bit of barre beauty.
I’ve pretty much landed on the styles I prefer to wear during barre classes – I’m a sucker for a pair of long tights with a tunic/blousy tank. It’s even better if that tank happens to have a built in bra involved. I really like when the long tights are able to be pulled over my heels – it keeps my socks from being pulled off during parts of class. As for the tanks – I just can’t seem to wear sleeves when I am working out, and the blousy tops seem to give me a bit of air.
So now I’m building up my collection of tanks, interesting sports bras, and long leggings. And I have oh so many options for you to choose from today if you happen to be in the market for something new as well. Which to choose…which to choose?!?!
5. Kyodan Colorblock Mesh Long Bra – T.J. Maxx //
8. Move by Alternative Be Graceful Tank Top – Urban Outfitters //
19. Active Double Layer Mesh Tank – Old Navy
26. Metro High Waisted Legging – Athleta //
27. Pure Good Compression Boot Cut Leggings – Anthropologie //
28. Knockout Stirrup Tight – Victoria’s Secret //
31. Beyond Yoga Ruched Legging – Nordstrom Rack //
32. Zella ‘Work It’ Skirted Legging – Nordstrom //
33. Alo ‘Goddess’ Ribbed Leggings (I have these and LOVE them) – Nordstrom //
34. Beyond Yoga Lattice Trim Long Legging – Nordstrom //
35. Beyond Yoga High Waist Essential Long Legging – Zappos //
36. Beyond Yoga Stripe Essential Long Legging – Zappos //
37. Beyond Yoga Lattice Trim Long Legging – Zappos
38. Pure Good Ruched Floral Leggings – Anthropologie //
39. Alo Volcano Lightning Goddess Ribbed Legging – Urban Outfitters //
40. Salt Gypsy Striped Pineapple Surf Legging – Urban Outfitters //
41. Nesh NYC Lace Up Legging – Urban Outfitters
Don’t you just love maxi dress season? Summer is the perfect time to don a long, flowy frock, and I could not be happier about that. I am alllll about the maxi dress!!!! I could pretty much live in them for the entire warm weather season. Heck, the entire year here in Florida for that matter.
Today I thought I’d round up a collection of my favorites I’ve seen while perusing online and in stores (and of course, all are under $100). I’ve actually broken down and bought/ordered a few to add to my collection. Could. Not. Resist. Three of the four are still en route to my house; the anticipation for them to arrive is killing me!
I love that maxi dresses are so incredibly easy to throw on and head out the door for the day. You can go casual chic with a pair of simple sandals (and my closet is overflowing with them right about now), or rock one with a killer pair of wedges or heels for a fancier look. Add a statement necklace to some of the solid colored dresses and you totally take them up a notch. Many of these dresses would be fabulous paired with a belt to cinch the center and accentuate your waist.
9. Pim + Larkin color block stripe dress – Piperlime // 10. Sleeveless braided maxi dress – Target // 11. Striped cutout dress – Forever 21 // 12. Eight Sixty snake print dress – Piperlime // 13. Belted maxi dress – Target
Although “beach season” officially begun around Memorial Day weekend, today (for me) marks the first day of the summer season. School is officially out for the summer, and I’m looking forward to tackling a very extensive list of projects I want to complete over the next few weeks. I know the time will pass in the blink of an eye, but I’m hoping for a bit of relaxation, and some beach time too!
Of course, with the arrival of each new beach season, I tend to find myself shopping for a new bathing suit (or two). Sure, my collection is relatively large, but there are always so many new and fun styles, prints, and brands to explore! Today I rounded up a group of 20 beachwear items I would love to add to my wardrobe. Many of them happen to be one piece bathing suits: for some reason they are seriously catching my eye lately!
Are you shopping for swimwear/beach attire? Have you found any great pieces?
5. ‘Show and Tell’ crochet one piece swimsuit – Nordstrom // 6. Betsey Johnson ‘Retro Revival’ one piece swimsuit – Nordstrom // 7. Eberjey ruffled halter maillot – Anthropologie // 8. Betsey Johnson ‘Purfection’ one piece swimsuit – Nordstrom
Well, add another item to my wishlist, please! On Wednesday I had the pleasure of stopping by the brand new Lilly Pulitzer store in International Plaza (located right outside Neiman Marcus). I’ve had my eye on that retail space for a while now, wondering what it would become. I am glad to see such a lovely new addition to the mall.
My love for Lilly Pulitzer goes back quite a few years. I went to college in North Carolina – Lilly was a staple item for sorority girls to wear. I remember making a trek to the nearest Lilly Pulitzer retail store in the spring to pick out my graduation dress…pretty much every single girl ended up wearing one; it seemed like tradition! However, as much as the quirky prints and pops of crazy colors are what my original experiences were, their lines have become more sophisticated recently. There are still quirky prints and colors, but you can also find an array of dresses, accessories, and other clothing that are a bit more refined.
Like the Janice Shift Dress. As soon as I laid eyes on this beauty in blue and gold, my heart went pitter-patter. I love the gold swirled trim on the neckline – no necklace required for this dress! You could pair it with a set of gold flats for a more casual resort style, but I could also see it worn with some gold wedges or espadrilles as well. Did I dare try it on? Unfortunately, the blue version was not in my size, but the white one was! I was too curious NOT to step into the fitting room.