Oh statement necklaces: how I love you. The one thing about my working from home attire that makes me sad is the reduced need for wearing some of my beloved jewelry pieces. As you may know: statement necklaces are seriously my all time favorite piece of jewelry to wear. I love that they can be work with a simple tee shirt and jeans, but are just as comfortable in a dressy situation. However, I suppose I don’t see myself wearing yoga pants and a statement necklace…around the house. You’ve got to draw the line somewhere I suppose.
Even though I have a little bit fewer occasions to wear my statement necklaces, that doesn’t mean I still won’t shop for them. I’m like a moth to the flame when it comes to these pretty baubles – I just can’t help myself. The top of my dresser is almost overflowing with them at the moment. I really need to do something about my storage system…
Anyway, on to the necklaces! I rounded up a collection of 16 different fabulous statement necklaces. The best part: 13 of those 16 are under $50…so they aren’t too hard on the wallet! Score.
Which necklace would you choose?
1. Sabine Blue Flower Necklace – Piperlime
2. Betsey Johnson Spiders and Chains Necklace – Dillards
3. Betsey Johnson Crystal Gem Cluster Necklace – Dillards
4. Tassel Chain Necklace – Nordstrom
5. New Look Emma Grunge Glam Necklace – ASOS
6. Braided Floral Crystal Necklace – Nordstrom
7. Anna & Ava Multi Strand Pearl Baguette Necklace – Dillards
8. Stone Bib Necklace – Nordstrom
9. Beaded Crosswinds Bib – BaubleBar
10. Glamour and More Necklace – ModCloth
11. Tassel Y Necklace – Nordstrom
12. Coral Jenna Necklace – Jeweliq
13. Jubilee Collar – Jeweliq
14. Oversized Crystal Statement Necklace – Nordstrom
15. Berry Good Harvest Necklace – ModCloth
16. Chrysanthemum Layered Necklace – Baublebar
When it comes to bags, is there a style you prefer? For me, I tend to go for the extremes when it comes to the size of my handbag. I either choose a small clutch to hold only the bare necessities for a night out, or I reach for a large tote that will allow me to carry everything but the kitchen sink. So, in honor of my extreme choices, today I decided to round up a collection of totes and clutches!
Ah, the simple tote bag. I’m loving them right now…but I do have to be cautious on what I add for everyday wear. It’s great that I can tote along a book, my sunglasses, a notebook, and even my DSLR if absolutely necessary. I do have the unfortunate tendency to overload my bag if left to my own devices. Thankfully, the whole working from home thing has allowed me to lighten things up (I tended to be a pack rat when I went into the office, making sure I had anything and everything I could possibly need throughout the day). On the other hand, when we head out for dinner on the weekends, a clutch is much more my speed. If I can get away with only carrying around my wallet, cell phone, and some chapstick, I’m a happy camper!
Now – which to choose out of this grouping of 15 totes and clutches? That, my friends, is the question.
1. Mossimo fringed tote – Target // 2. Graphic tote – Nordstrom // 3. Fringy Frou Frou Tote by Betsey Johnson – Nordstrom Rack // 4. Two tone faux leather tote – Nordstrom // 5. Pipa Mixed Media Tote by Kenneth Cole Reaction - T.J. Maxx // 6. Faux Leather Wesley Tote by London Fog – T.J. Maxx // 7. Reversible faux leather tote – Nordstrom
8. Knuckle clutch by Magid - T.J. Maxx // 9. ‘Harmony’ tassel trim pouch – Nordstrom // 10. ‘Santa Fe’ clutch – Nordstrom //11. Printed clutch with fringing – ASOS // 12. Scallop clutch – ASOS // 13. Deux Lux Joy Clutch – Nordstrom Rack // 14. Urban Expressions ‘Gisele’ Convertible Clutch – Nordstrom Rack // 15. ‘Zoe’ zip clutch – Nordstrom
It’s been a while since I posted a style roundup of sorts. But I’m back today. I’ve mentioned before that because I am working from home now, my fashion budget is going a bit more toward my loungewear and activewear. I had a bit of a collection of outfits I would wear to the gym, but they don’t all translate to working out at my Pure Barre classes. So, I’ve been beefing up that part of my wardrobe with a few new items. Today, I’m rounding up a collection of items to give you a bit of barre beauty.
I’ve pretty much landed on the styles I prefer to wear during barre classes – I’m a sucker for a pair of long tights with a tunic/blousy tank. It’s even better if that tank happens to have a built in bra involved. I really like when the long tights are able to be pulled over my heels – it keeps my socks from being pulled off during parts of class. As for the tanks – I just can’t seem to wear sleeves when I am working out, and the blousy tops seem to give me a bit of air.
So now I’m building up my collection of tanks, interesting sports bras, and long leggings. And I have oh so many options for you to choose from today if you happen to be in the market for something new as well. Which to choose…which to choose?!?!
5. Kyodan Colorblock Mesh Long Bra – T.J. Maxx //
8. Move by Alternative Be Graceful Tank Top – Urban Outfitters //
19. Active Double Layer Mesh Tank – Old Navy
26. Metro High Waisted Legging – Athleta //
27. Pure Good Compression Boot Cut Leggings – Anthropologie //
28. Knockout Stirrup Tight – Victoria’s Secret //
31. Beyond Yoga Ruched Legging – Nordstrom Rack //
32. Zella ‘Work It’ Skirted Legging – Nordstrom //
33. Alo ‘Goddess’ Ribbed Leggings (I have these and LOVE them) – Nordstrom //
34. Beyond Yoga Lattice Trim Long Legging – Nordstrom //
35. Beyond Yoga High Waist Essential Long Legging – Zappos //
36. Beyond Yoga Stripe Essential Long Legging – Zappos //
37. Beyond Yoga Lattice Trim Long Legging – Zappos
38. Pure Good Ruched Floral Leggings – Anthropologie //
39. Alo Volcano Lightning Goddess Ribbed Legging – Urban Outfitters //
40. Salt Gypsy Striped Pineapple Surf Legging – Urban Outfitters //
41. Nesh NYC Lace Up Legging – Urban Outfitters
Don’t you just love maxi dress season? Summer is the perfect time to don a long, flowy frock, and I could not be happier about that. I am alllll about the maxi dress!!!! I could pretty much live in them for the entire warm weather season. Heck, the entire year here in Florida for that matter.
Today I thought I’d round up a collection of my favorites I’ve seen while perusing online and in stores (and of course, all are under $100). I’ve actually broken down and bought/ordered a few to add to my collection. Could. Not. Resist. Three of the four are still en route to my house; the anticipation for them to arrive is killing me!
I love that maxi dresses are so incredibly easy to throw on and head out the door for the day. You can go casual chic with a pair of simple sandals (and my closet is overflowing with them right about now), or rock one with a killer pair of wedges or heels for a fancier look. Add a statement necklace to some of the solid colored dresses and you totally take them up a notch. Many of these dresses would be fabulous paired with a belt to cinch the center and accentuate your waist.
9. Pim + Larkin color block stripe dress – Piperlime // 10. Sleeveless braided maxi dress – Target // 11. Striped cutout dress – Forever 21 // 12. Eight Sixty snake print dress – Piperlime // 13. Belted maxi dress – Target