I realize it was a short lived cold snap, but on Sunday and Monday, I was ALLLL about breaking out my fall weather clothes. The temperatures were in the 70s for a hot second and I wanted to take advantage. I immediately broke out my boots on Sunday morning – even if I could only wear them for one day, I was going to do it! Boots boots boots!
And of course, even though I love my current pair of boots, I am always keeping an eye out for a new pair. I’ve had my Sam Edelmans for almost 5 years now, so I know my time with them might not be forever. I’ve kept them in great shape, but I know the time may come when a replacement is necessary. But for me, boot shopping can be such a challenge! I have a long torso, but short legs, which isn’t great for boots! Most of the tall boots tend to hit me mid-knee instead of just below my knee cap like they are supposed to. So when I find a pair that works and looks great, I have to have them. It’s been a few years since I landed on a pair that fits the bill for me, but perhaps 2014 will bring me luck?
In the meantime, I’m just perusing. There has been an abundance of boots popping up at my favorite stores, and there are quite a few to love. But…which is your favorite?
19. Conary suede ankle bootie – Nordstrom
I really don’t know if it ever gets much better than the oh so classic shirt dress. You can wear them pretty much any time of the year. I have sleeveless versions, short sleeved versions, three quarter sleeved versions, and long sleeved versions. I have solid colored shirt dresses, I have printed shirt dresses. Some of my shirt dresses have belts. Some don’t. I dress some of mine up with a pair of heels, and others I wear with flats or sandals. In the winter, I pair them with tights or leggings and boots.
So, yeah. I like shirt dresses.
Even though I have quite a collection in my closet, that doesn’t stop me from shopping for even more shirt dresses. I’m an addict. So in honor of my penchant for shirt dresses, I rounded up a collection of my favorites available right now. Because I can’t help myself.
Do you love wearing shirt dresses? How do you like to style yours?
Oh statement necklaces: how I love you. The one thing about my working from home attire that makes me sad is the reduced need for wearing some of my beloved jewelry pieces. As you may know: statement necklaces are seriously my all time favorite piece of jewelry to wear. I love that they can be work with a simple tee shirt and jeans, but are just as comfortable in a dressy situation. However, I suppose I don’t see myself wearing yoga pants and a statement necklace…around the house. You’ve got to draw the line somewhere I suppose.
Even though I have a little bit fewer occasions to wear my statement necklaces, that doesn’t mean I still won’t shop for them. I’m like a moth to the flame when it comes to these pretty baubles – I just can’t help myself. The top of my dresser is almost overflowing with them at the moment. I really need to do something about my storage system…
Anyway, on to the necklaces! I rounded up a collection of 16 different fabulous statement necklaces. The best part: 13 of those 16 are under $50…so they aren’t too hard on the wallet! Score.
Which necklace would you choose?
1. Sabine Blue Flower Necklace – Piperlime
2. Betsey Johnson Spiders and Chains Necklace – Dillards
3. Betsey Johnson Crystal Gem Cluster Necklace – Dillards
4. Tassel Chain Necklace – Nordstrom
5. New Look Emma Grunge Glam Necklace – ASOS
6. Braided Floral Crystal Necklace – Nordstrom
7. Anna & Ava Multi Strand Pearl Baguette Necklace – Dillards
8. Stone Bib Necklace – Nordstrom
9. Beaded Crosswinds Bib – BaubleBar
10. Glamour and More Necklace – ModCloth
11. Tassel Y Necklace – Nordstrom
12. Coral Jenna Necklace – Jeweliq
13. Jubilee Collar – Jeweliq
14. Oversized Crystal Statement Necklace – Nordstrom
15. Berry Good Harvest Necklace – ModCloth
16. Chrysanthemum Layered Necklace – Baublebar
When it comes to bags, is there a style you prefer? For me, I tend to go for the extremes when it comes to the size of my handbag. I either choose a small clutch to hold only the bare necessities for a night out, or I reach for a large tote that will allow me to carry everything but the kitchen sink. So, in honor of my extreme choices, today I decided to round up a collection of totes and clutches!
Ah, the simple tote bag. I’m loving them right now…but I do have to be cautious on what I add for everyday wear. It’s great that I can tote along a book, my sunglasses, a notebook, and even my DSLR if absolutely necessary. I do have the unfortunate tendency to overload my bag if left to my own devices. Thankfully, the whole working from home thing has allowed me to lighten things up (I tended to be a pack rat when I went into the office, making sure I had anything and everything I could possibly need throughout the day). On the other hand, when we head out for dinner on the weekends, a clutch is much more my speed. If I can get away with only carrying around my wallet, cell phone, and some chapstick, I’m a happy camper!
Now – which to choose out of this grouping of 15 totes and clutches? That, my friends, is the question.
1. Mossimo fringed tote – Target // 2. Graphic tote – Nordstrom // 3. Fringy Frou Frou Tote by Betsey Johnson – Nordstrom Rack // 4. Two tone faux leather tote – Nordstrom // 5. Pipa Mixed Media Tote by Kenneth Cole Reaction - T.J. Maxx // 6. Faux Leather Wesley Tote by London Fog – T.J. Maxx // 7. Reversible faux leather tote – Nordstrom
8. Knuckle clutch by Magid - T.J. Maxx // 9. ‘Harmony’ tassel trim pouch – Nordstrom // 10. ‘Santa Fe’ clutch – Nordstrom //11. Printed clutch with fringing – ASOS // 12. Scallop clutch – ASOS // 13. Deux Lux Joy Clutch – Nordstrom Rack // 14. Urban Expressions ‘Gisele’ Convertible Clutch – Nordstrom Rack // 15. ‘Zoe’ zip clutch – Nordstrom