Brace yourself: today’s recipe is a bit of a doozy. But in a very good way. The folks at Sunday Supper are hosting a chili cookoff today, and there are oh so many to choose from. Beef and bison chilis, pork chilis, white meat chilis, vegetarian chilis, and even twists on chili!
If you didn’t already figure it out: mine is a twist. A gluttonous but wonderful twist on chili that you can customize to your own preferences. Today’s version is a turkey chili (no surprise there; it’s one of my favorite recipes to make). This was a great dish to whip up when I had a bit of extra chili leftover from a previous dinner. Instead of fighting over it with Justin, I created this combination for us to share.
Crispy tater tots + turkey chili + cheese + guacamole = a fabulous taste treat. It’s like a beautiful combination of the crispness of the french fries chili cheese fries paired with the soft texture of a baked potato topped with chili. It’s indulgent…yes. It’s messy to eat…but it’s totally worth it. And having the chili and cheese on top of the tots is not enough. The creamy and cool guacamole is a necessary addition! Do it. So good.
But wait! There’s more! We didn’t call this a chili cookoff for nothing. There is an actual voting process involved, so if you would, take a moment to click over to the voting area and cast your vote! The “Vote” button is located on top of the photo of each entry. Of course, I hope you’ll vote for my creation…but let your heart guide you in the right direction…
Have you made a “loaded up” version with your chili? What did you put chili on top of?
Chili Topped Tater Tots
Chili (I used my recipe for turkey chili)
Guacamole (I used my classic guacamole recipe)
1. Bake tater tots according to package instructions. Meanwhile, heat chili (or make fresh).
2. Place tater tots into a dish for serving. Top with a few scoops of chili (enough so each tater tot is covered). Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese (or other cheese of your choosing) and top with a generous dollop of guacamole.
3. Serve with napkins – it will be messy! ENJOY!
Make sure you check out the rest of the amazing chili creations from the Sunday Supper crew!
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking HERE!
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.