Today happens to be a celebratory occasion. Sunday Supper is turning two! Isn’t it funny how time flies by sometimes? I’ve been a part of the Sunday Supper community for over a year (almost a year and a half), and it has been a wonderful experience. I remember the first time I was introduced to Sunday Supper – it was at a dinner Isabel was putting together at a local restaurant. She invited me to join up, and the very next week I participated in my first event. It has been such a pleasure to come together on Sundays to share recipes, connect with fellow food lovers, and get into the weekly theme as well! I always look forward to seeing what everyone will share each week.
The recipe I want to share today seems perfect for a birthday celebration. The bright colors and frozen goodness call out to you, don’t they? I am known to indulge in dessert each night before bed. Typically, it involves frozen yogurt, but I’ve been looking to some alternatives recently. These banana pops do the trick! Yes, there is chocolate involved, but you’re eating a banana, so that makes it better, right? Plus, they are a cinch to put together.
Frozen banana pops are not only great for adults, but they are very kid friendly as well. I made a batch for the first grade classes at my school, and almost every single child was excited about them. Definitely a win on all counts!
Have you tried frozen banana pops before? What did you think?
Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops
***One banana makes three pops***
Wood popsicle sticks
White chocolate bark, or chocolate for melting
Rainbow sprinkles (or other sprinkles of choice)
1. Peel a banana, then slice into three equal pieces. Insert a popsicle stick into the end of one side of each banana piece.
2. Melt chocolate according to package instructions. When melted, stir in drops of food coloring until desired color is achieved. Hold a banana pop by the stick and gently twirl the banana over the chocolate until it is evenly coated. Place the chocolate covered pop on a sheet of wax paper and immediately sprinkle with jimmies (you could also fill a shallow dish with sprinkles and roll the pop in them).
3. Place finished banana pops in the freezer for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
Make sure you check out what the other folks at Sunday Supper are bringing to the birthday celebration!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.