Can someone tell me how it is almost June? JUNE!
I tell you what – I can’t walk outside for more than two minutes without breaking into a sweat. Oh Florida heat, you have officially become overwhelming. Thankfully, there are always answers for how to beat the heat…and frozen treats are definitely one of them for me. With the long Memorial Day weekend in full swing, I thought I’d whip up a batch of “adult” popsicles to enjoy for a Sunday Supper picnic!
I’m not much of a beer drinker, but I’ve discovered that I really do enjoy drinking a shandy (beer + lemonade). The flavor combination is fresh and light; perfect for summer! So I thought to myself: what could make that shandy even better? If I froze it into popsicle form, that’s what! So I did…and added raspberries to half of the batch. Oh, the deliciousness. These popsicles (or should I say “beersicles?”) are perfect to enjoy by the pool, at a picnic, or in the comfort of your air conditioned home…it doesn’t really matter which.
Now, if you have some little ones that would like their own popsicles during your Memorial Day picnic/barbeque/get together, I would simply omit the beer in the recipe and double the lemonade to make some raspberry lemonade pops – still delicious!
Have you ever created homemade popsicles? What flavors did you incorporate?
Shandy Popsicles with Raspberries
***makes approximately 6 popsicles***
12 oz light beer (I used Leinenkugel’s Canoe Paddler)
12 oz lemonade
1/2 cup raspberries (I used frozen)
1. Place 1/2 cup of raspberries in a blender or food processer and pulse until they are chopped into tiny chunks (or if you prefer, pureed). Pour the beer and the lemonade into the blender and pulse a few additional times to combine.
2. Use a funnel or measuring cup with a spout to pour the popsicle mixture into the popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for 4 hours or more, until popsicles are completely frozen.
3. Enjoy on a hot summer day!
Make sure you check out the other delicious offerings created by the Sunday Supper group!!!
Salads and Slaws:
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Juanita’s Cocina
- Caprese Spinach Salad from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chicken Chopped Salad from Table for Seven
- Cold Pea Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Creamy Potato Salad with Roasted Pears, Cilantro and Romano Cheese from Gourmet Drizzles
- German Potato Salad from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Hawaiian Cole Slaw from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Chopped Salad from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kale Pasta Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mizeria (Polish Cucumber Salad) from From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- PA Dutch Pepper Cabbage from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pineapple Slaw from I Run For Wine
- Spaghetti Salad from Country Girl in the Village
- Tortellini Pasta Salad from Supper for a Steal
Sandwiches and Mains:
- Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich from Momma’s Meals
- Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Sandwich from Magnolia Days
- Grilled Bratwurst and Onion Open-Face Sandwiches from The Urban Mrs
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Green Goddess Sauce from Foxes Love Lemons
- Herbs-Garlic and Parmesan Croissants from Basic N Delicious
- Indian Spiced Chicken Drumsticks from Soni’s Food
- Japanese Picnic Bento Box from The Ninja Baker
- Mini Chicken Salad, Avocado and Cheese Subs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Moroccan Fried Chicken from MarocMama
- Pepper, Spinach and Goat’s Cheese Quiche from Happy Baking Days
- Picnic Basket Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Noshing with the Nolands
- Salmon in a Jar from Healthy. Delicious.
- Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spam Musubi fromKimchi Mom
- Apricot Oat Nut Bars from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Pops from In The Kitchen With KP
- Cocoa Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fruit Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fruit Salad with Honey Port Drizzle from Family Foodie
- Loaded Butterscotch Bars from Vintage Kitchen
- Nathan’s Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treat Truffles from Chocolate Moosey
- Shandy Popsicles With Raspberries from Ruffles & Truffles
- Texas Sheet Cake with Pecan Frosting from Food Lust People Love
- Triple Chocolate Punch Bowl Cake from Neighborfood
- Fresh Limeade with Chia Seeds from girlichef
- Pineapple Sangria from Growing Up Gabel
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade from The Messy Baker Blog
- Strawberry Lemonade from Gotta Get Baked
- Top 10 Wines for Picnic #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine blog
- Watermelon Agua Fresca from Daily Dish Recipes