February 15, 2013

I’m dreaming of far away lands today….

Someone take me on a vacation? Ah, that sounds nice right about now.

Capella Ixtapa

I’ve been thinking about a “travel bucket list” a lot lately. There are so many places in this world I’d love to visit and things I’d like to experience. So, I thought I’d make a list and perhaps start working on crossing a few of them off over time. Obviously, my list of places I’d like to see is probably just a dream and not a reality, but it doesn’t hurt to hope!

What places are on YOUR travel bucket list? Any ideas of must-see spots I should add to mine?

Within the United States

Maine – (Justin has visited numerous times, but I’ve never been!)

Alaska

Oregon/Washington – to visit wineries!

Louisiana – New Orleans (Justin has never been)

Nevada – Las Vegas (I haven’t been since the 8th grade. Time to go as an adult)

Georgia – Savannah

South Carolina – Charleston (Justin has never been)

Texas – Austin (I don’t remember being there even though I was born in TX)

Colorado – Denver…or Aspen for the Food & Wine Classic, of course

Hawaii – (Justin has never been)

International

Greece

Italy – (I’ve been, but I want to visit with Justin and experience more)

France – (I’ve been to Paris, but want to take Justin along and see more of the country)

Mexico – we visited Capella Ixtapa, but I’d love to see the Riviera Maya

New Zealand

Australia

England – (I’ve been to London, but want to visit again with Justin)

Ireland

Costa Rica

Jamaica

French Polynesia – Bora Bora

Canada – (Justin has been, but I have not! Not sure where I’d want to go though!)

Norway

8 Responses to “My Travel Bucket List”

1. Jessica Lynn says:

Come visit me in Italy!! Ill show you the side tourists don’t get to see. Or, if we move back to America, I’ll show you Savannah; I love it there! Good list!

2. Ayesha says:

Please add Salzburg and Vienna to your list! Austria is a fabulous country, and there are lots of great things to see in the Bavaria region.

3. Bonnie says:

Great list! A lot of those places are on my list too. You should definitely come to New Zealand! But not my town because it’s boring :P The rest of NZ is cool though :)

4. Megan says:

Nice places on the list :)

5. Sarah says:

Austin has been on my bucket list forever! We’re think of Spring Break-ing there this year. Everyone seems to love it!

6. Xiomara @ Parkesdale says:

If you go to Canada, Niagara Falls, Toronto or Montreal are great places. Even Ottawa was amazing. As for my bucket list, Argentina, Brazil, Spain and Prague are on my list!

7. Hemborgwife says:

Norway seems great but fyi Sweden is cheaper and has amazing things to see too!

8. Brittany Gail says:

Katie,

You must visit Victoria in Canada… It’s absolutely beautiful and reminds me of a sunny London. It’s also great because if you visit Victoria it’s just a ferry ride away from Seattle (great food and city; and who doesn’t love fresh coffee?) and it’s not far from Alaska either so it’s a great spot to cross off both your Canada and Alaska trips! Cannes, France is also very beautiful… It’s a harbor city and it’s also great for food!