Two cookie recipes in one day? You betcha.
As I mentioned before, we made two different snowman themed cookies for our Sweet Treats class last week. Since we already made sugar cookie snowman heads with earmuffs, we decided on a peanut butter and white chocolate version for the other variety.
And oh boy, aren’t they adorable? They turned out very well, and were easy enough for the kids to create on their own. Plus – white chocolate and peanut butter are a scrumptious combination.
Thankfully, the decorations for these cookies don’t require a lot of additional goodies. If you don’t want to buy circular sprinkles for the eyes and buttons, mini M&Ms could also work! The orange Tic Tacs are also making another appearance for this cookie. They’re almost too cute to eat…
Peanut butter sandwich cookies (I used Nutter Butters)
White chocolate candy melts
Circle shaped sprinkles (or other small circular candies)
Fruit roll ups
Orange Tic Tacs
1. Prepare a working surface to decorate the cookies. Lay the peanut butter cookies on the surface.
2. Melt the white chocolate candy melts according to package instructions. I melted mine in small batches to ensure I didn’t melt too much chocolate!
3. Use a spoon to dollop the melted white chocolate on the top of the peanut butter cookies. Use the back of the spoon to spread the chocolate in a thick, even layer on top of the cookie. Allow the cookies to rest for a few minutes (do not allow the chocolate to dry fully).
4. For the scarf: cut strips of fruit roll ups in long, thin, rectangular pieces. Wrap the scarf piece around the “neck” of the snowman.
5. Carefully place circular sprinkles on the top of the cookie for eyes, and 3 more circular sprinkles on the stomach for the buttons. Place an orange Tic Tac below the eyes for the snowman’s nose!
6. Allow the cookies to fully set before serving: enjoy!