Ruffles & Truffles

My Recipe Bucket List

It happens all too often to me. I’m browsing blogs, cookbooks, or Pinterest and I see a recipe that makes me say, “oooh! I have always wanted to make something like that.” Then, I mark it/pin it and promptly forget about it for a while.

But how about actually making those dishes? As I create more and more recipes in my kitchen, I think it might be fun to look at my “bucket list” and mark some of those off as accomplished. So…let’s get to it – what items do I want to make? Are there any you think I should add? I will try to update this list as I go…maybe one day I can check each and every one off!

Do you have any bucket list items to make in your kitchen as well? What are they?

Breakfast

Appetizers

Spinach Artichoke Dip – COMPLETE: Spinach Artichoke Dip with Fresh Take

Eggplant Caponata

Baked Brie

Hummus

Olive tapenade

Egg rolls or spring rolls

Homemade Popcorn – COMPLETE: Popcorn with truffle oil & asiago

Beer Can Chicken

Fancy grilled cheese

Bahn Mi

Black Bean or Veggie Burgers – COMPLETE: Spicy Black Bean and Edamame Burgers

Grilled Pizza – COMPLETE: Grilled Pizza with Sausage and Spinach

Dessert

Macarons – COMPLETE: Chocolate Macarons with Kahlua Buttercream and Chocolate Coconut Macarons with Vanilla Buttercream

Bread Pudding

Sangria

Mojito

Gin Fizz

Popsicles in Prosecco

Beer popsicles – COMPLETE: Shandy Popsicles with Raspberries

9 Comments on My Recipe Bucket List

1. Karen Hartzell (@InTheKitchenKP)
    January 13, 2013 at 12:36 pm (1 year ago)

I love that you shared your bucket list! I need to actually get all my little bookmarks together and make a full list. Happy Sunday!

• Katie
      January 13, 2013 at 5:39 pm (1 year ago)

Thanks Karen! I definitely want to keep myself accountable, so to say! There are some things that I’ve always said I’d like to make…maybe having this list ongoing will inspire me!

2. Jessica
    January 13, 2013 at 5:15 pm (1 year ago)

You should try the “money in the bank vinaigrette” from dinner a love story to check the homemade salad dressing off of your list. It’s so simple and delicious. We’ve been eating it with the recommended salad: greens, pine nuts, crumbled blue cheese and pear. It’s amazing. Also incredible over warm potatoes live suggested. I love your list!

• Katie
      January 13, 2013 at 5:40 pm (1 year ago)

Sounds interesting! I’ve never heard of that dressing before!

• Katie
      January 14, 2013 at 9:47 am (1 year ago)

Nope – I have not tried the recipe yet, hence why making tortillas are still on my bucket list! ;) I will maybe have to give Jessica’s version a try – I’m sure she knows how to do it right!

3. Hemborgwife
    January 17, 2013 at 6:13 am (1 year ago)

Love this list! If you wanted to make a dressing that is not a vinaigrette let me know I have a really easy one that is similar to 1000 Island.

4. Lora
    May 29, 2013 at 10:58 am (11 months ago)

DONUTS DONUTS! I want to make donuts. I also need to make a recipe bucket list. I’m impressed!