When it comes to preparing weeknight dinners, sometimes the need for speed is evident. I don’t always have an hour or two to concoct a dinner creation in my kitchen. Therefore, I love finding new products that are easy to work with and make meal prep a breeze!
This week, the crew at Sunday Supper was lucky enough to sample a brand new item from Land O’Lakes – the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter! I’d seen some commercials lately, but this was my first time using the product itself. I regularly use Land O’Lakes butter in my kitchen, so I was confident that the product would be great. Can I just start right off with this: I was quite impressed!
All you have to do is simply toss a Sauté Express® square in a non-stick sauté pan on medium-low heat until it begins to bubble and sizzle. You can add fresh chicken, pork, shrimp, or fish and sauté in less than 30 minutes for a fast and delicious meal. I didn’t believe it until I actually tried it. The Sauté Express® is packaged with individual cubes that are pre-portioned, containing butter, olive oil, herbs, and spices. As soon as I opened the package of Garlic and Herb saute starter, I was impressed with how great it smelled. I couldn’t wait to get started.
When I say this recipe is quick to prepare, I am NOT lying. I literally started a timer as soon as I had my ingredients in front of me (not even cut or prepared yet) and I was plating this dish right at the 15 minute mark. Seriously. It might take you a bit longer if you prefer to prepare ingredients separately, but if you are confident with boiling pasta, sauteing chicken in a pan, and steaming vegetables in the microwave all at once I know you can be done in the same amount of time as me! A delicious, flavorful dinner in literally 15 minutes? I dare you to give me the excuse that you don’t have time to prepare a meal! I love that I can use Sauté Express® on those nights when I just feel like throwing something together…but still have it taste like I spent a long time in the kitchen!
I used the Garlic & Herb variety of Sauté Express® for my recipe, but you could really use any of the flavors depending on your taste (it is available in four flavors: Garlic & Herb, Italian Herb, Savory Butter & Olive Oil and Lemon Pepper)! When you toss all of the ingredients together, the noodles, chicken, and vegetables are perfectly coated – they aren’t heavy but are packed with flavor. Also, you could really mix up the vegetable ingredients in this pasta toss if you prefer different items: make it your own! I served up this pasta dish with a simple spring mix and arugula salad tossed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a few cracks of pepper. So easy!
BUT WAIT! I’m not done just yet! Land O’Lakes was kind enough to provide me with a coupon for a free package of Sauté Express® to give away to one of my readers in the USA! Scroll down to the Rafflecopter widget below the recipe to enter.
Do you have any time saving kitchen products that you love?
Quick Garlic and Herb Chicken Pasta Toss
2 Sauté Express® Garlic and Herb squares
1 large chicken breast, cut into strips
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
3 cups broccoli florets
2 cups uncooked pasta (I used rotini)
2 tablespoons chicken stock or chicken broth
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium low heat. Add 1 square of Sauté Express® and wait until it begins to bubble and sizzle in the pan. Add the chicken breast slices and saute for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, fill a stock pot with water for the pasta and heat over high on the stove until boiling. Add a pinch of salt and the 2 cups of uncooked pasta. Cook according to package directions, then strain the noodles and set aside.
3. As the chicken and pasta are cooking, add the broccoli and red pepper to a microwave safe container (preferably a vegetable steaming container) with 1-2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then drain the container of excess water. Set aside.
4. When the chicken strips are cooked through, add the chicken stock/chicken broth to the pan. If any of the Sauté Express® has stuck to the pan, the chicken stock will release it. Then, add the second cube of Sauté Express® to the pan and allow it to melt.
5. Toss the steamed vegetables to the pan and stir a few times to combine. Then, add the drained pasta noodles to the pan and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and continue tossing the pasta for a minute or two to allow the flavors to incorporate. Serve while hot – enjoy!
Sauté Express® Chicken Recipes:
Chicken Florentine Pasta by Supper for a Steal
Creamy Lemon-Chicken w/ Artichokes by girlichef
Chicken Parm Tenders over Spinach & Orzo by Momma’s Meals
Sizzling Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry with Almond Cilantro Rice by Mama.Mommy.Mom
Garlic and Herb Chicken Fettuccine by in the Kitchen with KP
Italian Chicken Pasta Wrap by Big Bears Wife
Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Chicken & Mushrooms by The Messy Baker
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas by That Skinny Chick can bake
Shells with Chicken and Pancetta by The Foodie Army Wife
Capellini Pomodoro with Italian Herb Chicken by Mom’s Test Kitchen
Garlic and Herb Chicken Pasta Toss by Ruffles & Truffles
Sauté Express® Fish and Seafood Recipes:
Easy Cajun Shrimp Pilaf by Daily Dish Recipes
Crabmeat stuffed Flounder Roulades by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Cod Fillet with Lemon Pepper Ginger Sauce by Kimchi Mom
Herb Lemon Butter Tilapia with Sauted Veggies by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends
Blackened Tilapia Po’ Boys by Juanita’s Cocina
Tomato-Basil Shrimp with Orzo and Feta by The Weekend Gourmet
Sauté Express® Ham and Pork Recipes:
Ham and Vegetable Frittata by Magnolia Days
Savory Butter and Olive Oil Pork Chops by In the Kitchen with Audrey
Skillet Lemon Pepper Pork and Orzo by Family Foodie
We have a special Pinterest Board to Showcase #WeekdaySupper with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter we will feature a new recipe every day for the next month.
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.