Ruffles & Truffles

10 Drop Waist Dresses That Will Not Break the Bank

One of the current trends that I’ve started to see popping up in stores around town is the drop waist dress. It is definitely a different shape than I normally wear (and I realize isn’t well suited for all body types), but I think I’m going to be jumping on this particular trend! I love how the drop waist detail can create a girly, ruffled shape at the bottom of a dress…it’s so feminine and fun!

I’ve rounded up a collection of 10 drop waist dresses that you can add to your own wardrobe without breaking the bank.

1 – Drop Waist No Time dress, ModCloth

2- Squirrel Print Collar dress, Topshop

3 – Cooperative Crepe Slit-Back Shift Dress, Urban Outfitters

4 – Coincidence & Chance Drop Waist Dress, Urban Outfitters

5 – Collared Dropped Waist Dress, Forever21

6 – Colorblocked Shift Dress, Forever21

7 – C Drop-Waist Tailored Crepe Dress, Urban Outfitters

8 – Rauma drop waist dress, Anthropologie

9 – Chandi And Lia Drop Waist Printed Dress, Piperlime

10 – Influence Cat Print Collar Detail Tea Dress, ASOS

Are you a fan of the drop waist trend this season?

12 Comments on 10 Drop Waist Dresses That Will Not Break the Bank

• Katie
      August 14, 2012 at 10:55 pm (2 years ago)

I do love a good print!

1. Glamamom
    August 13, 2012 at 4:11 pm (2 years ago)

These are adorable! Not for women with curves though! It’s going to be a while till I get into one of these.

• Katie
      August 14, 2012 at 10:56 pm (2 years ago)

Yeah, I do hear you on that! Drop waist dresses are not for all figures…they’re not universally flattering!

• Katie
      August 14, 2012 at 10:58 pm (2 years ago)

I love the contrasting collar and the funky print on that one too!

2. Alyssa
    August 13, 2012 at 4:35 pm (2 years ago)

I love these picks! I have a wishy washy relationship with drop waist dresses–they don’t always look great on me, but I’m determined to find one that works!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

• Nikki
      August 14, 2012 at 11:00 am (2 years ago)

I love drop waist dresses! I feel like they work well for me because I am short and have short legs. I love #7 and #9! those are adorable!

• Katie
      August 14, 2012 at 10:59 pm (2 years ago)

I’m with you – they are a very specific style! I had to try on a few before I settled on one that I loved!

3. Plus Size Business Suits
    August 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm (2 years ago)

I really love no. 1, no. 5 and no. 8. – I like the subtle style and they just look adorable. Although I’m not sure if it looks really good on me or not. But I’ve tried a drop waisted dress before and it just look – um, blah. lol. Best thing about these, they’re really affordable.

Plus Size Business Suits

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on 10 Drop Waist Dresses That Will Not Break the Bank

1. [...] Until recently, I used to only venture into Ann Taylor LOFT for some shopping. You’ve got to love their selection, as well as their awesome sales! They recently held a Friends and Family sale where the entire store was 40% off – how can you beat that?!?! I happened to pick up this lovely little number on that shopping trip: a drop waist dress (and you know how I’ve been thinking about them lately)! [...]