I love margaritas in any way, shape, and form. Margaritas and I go way back…from my college days at Elon University drinking 99 cent margs at Monterreys, to creating them by the pitcher at home.
I use one and only recipe for my margaritas. Using a pre-made margarita mix is unacceptable. Thankfully, my family’s ‘secret’ recipe is easy, pretty, and [most importantly] delicious.
Don’t the colors just make you think of a sunset? It’s 5:00 somewhere…
1 can (8oz) frozen limeade
2 cups water
8oz Jose Cuervo Gold tequila
4oz Triple Sec
1. Pour limeade and water into a large pitcher.
2. Add tequila, triple sec, and the juice from 1/2 of a lime.
3. Shake/stir the contents of the pitcher thoroughly.
4. Pour into glasses over heavy ice.
5. Add a splash of cranberry juice, a wedge of lime, and a wedge of orange to garnish. Enjoy!